How To Treat Hypothyroidism Naturally
The thyroid gland plays a huge role in your body’s day to day functioning. From how effectively you burn your calories to how promptly your heart beats, this butterfly shaped gland just below the Adam’s apple in the neck, regulates and manages all facets of your metabolism by releasing hormones. Therefore when your thyroid slows down, a condition known as hypothyroidism, your health suffers. But do not worry! You can optimize your health and treat this condition by following an integrative program especially designed to support the thyroid gland naturally. This includes the following:
Developing healthy dietary habits is the first line of defencein treating this condition. The thyroid gland requires a range of nutrients to function optimally. Eating right foods help to improvehormone balance and mitigate inflammation in your body.
Increase the intake of following foods
- Low thyroid can be treated with vitamin C, vitamin E andvitamin and vitamin B which are indispensable nutrients for the thyroid, therefore include a lot of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts, eggs and poultry in your diet.
- Consume foods rich in iodine which include seaweeds such as, garlic, onion, seeds, sesame seed butter and organic minced beef.
- Seek out healthy fats such as, olive oil, coconut oil, lean fish and meat, flax seeds and nut butters. This is because fats and cholesterol are the building blocks of hormonal pathways. Supplementing your meals with good sources of hypothyroidism diet can provide the essential raw materials required to encourage the body to repair itself.
- Avoid “goitrogens”, foods that interfere with thyroid function. These include cabbage, broccoli, kale, peanuts, soy-beans and millet.
- Say no to the dietary bungee cord that include sugar, refined carbohydrates and caffeine and substitute them with non starchy vegetables.
Having hypothyroidism leads to stress and chronic stress can aggravate thyroid function. Therefore in order to help calm yourself and relieve stress and anxiety, you need to make certain lifestyle changes. You can practice certain relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga. Those suffering from severe stress can consider some holistic therapies such a talk therapy. You can also find your point of calm by exploring creative ways such as singing, creating art, writing, taking massage or hot water baths. This will help to improve your thyroid health. Additionally, if you get enough quality sleep of at least 8 hours daily, you can reach your maximum health potential.
Just because your thyroid is lethargic, doesn’t mean you too have to be. Exercise is particularly important in treating low thyroid. It is recommended to workout at least 45 minutes every day. This helps to boost your metabolism and burn calories. Physical activities such as, swimming, cycling, running, dancing or jogging are enough to get your heart pumping.
Kelp and Irish moss are used together to balance hormonal deficiency. They augment the thyroid activity, metabolic rate and the detoxifying function of your body and appease inflamed tissues and boost blood circulation.
Treating thyroid disease requires long term commitment. The sustained practice of these lifestyle and dietary changes can go a long way towards helping you cope with this chronic condition.